Saturday, September 20, 2008

Why I Can't Wait...


Yeah yeah yeah - all that stuff Amy said. The kid's faces, the excitement, first words, etc. But really - I'm so looking forward to the food! We've booked our packages with the Disney Dining Plan - which means we've already paid for each of us (me, Mike, and Quinn) to have one table service meal with dessert, one quick service meal, and one snack per day. With access to the menus and reservations made my mouth is already watering. After looking at some of the menus I'm really looking forward to:

1. The Chocolate Wave from Coral Reef in Epcot
2. Chocolate Confusion from the Big River Pub on the Boardwalk
3. Mickey Cheese Ravioli and Marinara Sauce at Chef Mickey's
4. Garlic Redskin Smashed Potatoes at The Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom
5. Cheese-filled Danish at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom
6. Fish and Chips at the Rose and Crown Pub in Epcot (I enjoyed these so much while there on our honeymoon Mike and I went back to Epcot 3 times just to eat there!)
That and I always love the snacks I treat myself to at ballgames, the zoo, carnivals, anywhere I go I seem to find a good excuse to have a special treat. While in Disney World my excuses will include - 1. I've been doing so much walking. 2. I won't be able to come here again for at least two years. So...here's a list of the snacks I'm looking forward to (some of which I'll eat on site and others that I will save):
1. Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treat
2. Dole Whip (some sort of pineapple thing at MK)
3. soft pretzel (I would get that anywhere)
4. frozen coke
5. nachos (I'd get those anywhere)
6. a nice old fashioned ice cream cone
7. cinnamon roll
8. funnel cake
And I heard of a drink called The Gray Goose that's available at Epcot - something about lemonaide - it includes some type of alcohol. This will be on my list as well - and my excuse for that one is that we're visiting Epcot on Day 4 of our "vacation" with the kiddos and I will, by that point, have truly earned a nice adult drink.

1 comment:

Amy said...

We should have a contest--which couple gains the most weight on vacation :)