Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Package From The Mouse

(reposted from the Tub)

Alright. So my friend Amy and I have truly been going a little Disney crazy. We've got our dinner reservations made, days planned out (as to which parks we'll be visiting), some outfits planned for the kiddos, treats for goody bags purchased, and so much more. We've been working on letters for the kids to get every morning with a little goody bag - telling them what's going on that day. She made some really cool looking autograph clipboards - go see! And she made some stroller tags! Oh yeah - she is the more creative one out of the two of us - and actually most of the ideas of what we're making/doing start with her - I just sort of adapt them a bit or add to 'em.


Quinn and I wrote Mickey Mouse a letter the other day - letting him know we were going to come and see him in October and that we were so excited. So Quinn went out to check the mail today and found a package from Mickey Mouse. (I have a really cute video of him doing this, but alas, can not share it with the world, because our address is as clear as day on there - and although I realize this whole blogging thing requires some sort of leap of faith - I'm not about to jump that high.)

What's in here?

I see something.



Ohhh....look at this.


A letter from Mickey Mouse! Read it mommy!
(actually - it looks kind of like this - I changed my mind and printed it on 8.5x11 paper and that allowed me to change the layout a bit, but the words, they are the same)


Ohhhh...a camera. Mickey Mouse sent me a camera! Say Cheese Mommy.

Uh yeah, a $60 camera that was on sale at the Disney Store for $17. Shit, if I paid $60 for that piece of crap we'd be packing it up and sending it back to Mickey. But anyway, Quinn loves it and it'll hopefully keep him busy in the airport and on the airplane. We're going to have to tell him he can't bring it with to the parks - no way I'm lugging around that.

No comments: