Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A bit of Disney history...

After seeing how many times I've actually been to Disney (I think it's 7, this trip will be 8--but I could be missing a few), you might think--geez either that girl's obsessed or was spoiled as a child. It's actually the latter--BUT that's what happens when you are the oldest grandchild!

As we are getting ready for our trip I dug up some photos to show Emily from a trip when I was in grade school (I think 1984). She says I look like a boy, and actually as we were running to our plane--I do recall the flight attendant calling to tell them to hold the plane for a mom and TWO sons (pixie haircut--thanks Dorothy Hamill). Enough about 80's fashion and back to Disney. Here's what I found...

Always a classic
Disney 85
Cathy--we were 'that' family back then, riding on the monorail
Monorail 85

Me and my brother
Magic Kingdom 85

The pooh costume seems to change over the years...
Parade 85
This was the first time we visited after EPCOT opened. I was obsessed with having the acronym memorized-Experimental Protype Community of Tomorrow. I guess in the mid 90's it was changed from EPCOT center to simply Epcot--just a bit of useless Disney Trivia
Epcot 85
Here we are in Germany
Epcot World 85

No comments: