Friday, October 17, 2008

Cast Members

A few posts ago, Amy mentioned that one of the things she was looking forward to was, "The fact that being at Disney means that everyone working there treats my kids like they are the most special kids at the most special place on Earth." I really didn't understand what she was talking about, but after our vacation, oh my gosh, I totally get what she meant.

Every "Cast Member" (that's what Disney calls their employees) made me feel as though Quinn and Liam were a part of their family. From the smiles to the stickers - my kids received plenty of both from everyone who wore a Disney name tag. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left Quinn and Liam were constantly being waved at, smiled at, ooooohed over, talked to, or getting stickers. It didn't matter what job these people held - from table cleaners, cashiers, bellhops, bus drivers, security guards, ticket takers, crowd management, street cleaners, bathroom attendants, and everyone else - they all treated my kids as if they were the most special kids there!

We had a lot of "magical moments" on this vacation - and pretty much all of them were because one or two cast members went out of their way to be nice to the boys.

After spending a busy morning at Hollywood (where my most favorite magical moment happened, but you'll have to wait until those pictures are ready) we were heading out of the park. Quinn and I needed a bathroom break before waiting for the bus and heading back to the hotel for our afternoon naps. When we walked out of the bathroom, this is what we saw:

The street cleaner was talking with Liam - and Liam was SO engaged and happy to see him. I stood back for awhile and watched in awe as the two of them interacted together. The Cast Member even let Liam show him where to sweep - and would sweep up there. Liam loved it!
I can't even explain how much this reminded me of how much I love being at Disney World. After awhile Quinn and I went up to the stroller and the guy started talking to Quinn - did "the pound" with him, and wished us a "magical day".

1 comment:

Christie said...

The first time Darr and I went to Disneyland (pre-kid era of our lives), I remember thinking how clean and nice and lovely Disney was. Six Flags, on the other hand, was like the alcoholic uncle who doesn't wash his hands after using the bathroom. I can't wait to take Henry to Disneyland. I don't imagine the camera will ever be out of my hands.