Sunday, October 19, 2008

Caribbean Beach Resort

My feelings towards our resort are sort of that of a love/hate relationship. After it took us so long to check in and get to our rooms and after having pretty much none of our requests filled I really didn't like the place much. But then I woke up very early Thursday morning and saw this:

And on my way across the bridge to the main area (food court, store, information center, etc.) I saw this and took a quick picture.


This was the view from our hotel room. Can you see how one might fall in love with this place?


Quinn loved staying here and leading us to either a bus stop or over the bridge to the pool or lunch. We was insistent that we stay behind him and let him lead. Since that was one of the only places we could let Quinn walk on his own we took advantage of this.
Here Quinn's going to lead us over the bridge that leads to everything!


Here's a view of our "island" Aruba. Each "island" has it's own beach and we spent one morning letting the boys play on the beach. I wish we would have had more time to enjoy the resort. Boat rentals, bike rentals, pirate's cruise, swimming pool with slides, and I waited until the last day to find out the "Banana Cabana" (hotel bar) has the most awesome Orange Dream drinks ever. There was a ship holding a pirate's cruise the morning we let the boys play on the beach, so we saw all these boys on a ship chasing a pirate on another ship - and then the pirate ran right onto our beach and ran away. Quinn got into the action by grabbing a stick and yelling at the pirates, "Stay away from our island! Argh!" So he had fun and we didn't even pay the $30 to have him on the boat!

I know some people love this resort and stay there every time they go to Disney World. For us, there's plenty of other places to try and I can't wait to try something new next time! (I'm thinking either the Dolphin or the Swan - I heard teachers get discounts there?!? Or the boardwalk - if we happen to win the lotto or something.)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Growing up, my parents couldn't afford to have us stay IN the resort... but the last time I went back in 2005, we stayed in the Swan.

We're working on taking Rhena for her 5th birthday next year, and I plan to stay at the Swan again. I loved the proximity to the boardwalk.. the boat access to Epcot and MGM (or whatever it's called now) and we could do a bus to magic kingdom or animal kingdom. with the big hurken stroller I had in 2005) the bus was a hassle... but next year we should be just needing umbrella strollers.

from what I remember, the busses from the swan were very good on timing.

Amy said...

Cathy,
supposedly the discount for swan/dolphin is $159-179 a night for teachers. Only perk you don't get....Magical Express.

Christie said...

Looks beautiful. I'm curious to know what requests you made that weren't fulfilled.

Cathy said...

Carrie - We had dinner on the Boardwalk one night - and I loved how close that was to Hollywood (MGM) and EPCOT - and the Swan was right there!
Amy - oh! I love Magical Express!
Christie -
Let's see - I requested, "First floor (no elevators), Building 45 (closest to the bridge that leads to everywhere, but doesn't cost more like the buildings that are near "everything" does), a pack 'n' play, and to be near our friends.
We got there and they offered us some rooms pretty far from the bridge and everything and on the second floor. After some time checking in we ended up in Building 52, which was pretty close to the bridge and our rooms weren't that close to each other at all, but were on the first floor.
I wonder if we had too many requests? Or if since we checked in so late our choices were limited?
There was no problem getting a pack 'n' play