Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Character Fun!

Cathy talked about rides, so I decided to blog about the characters....
I always love meeting the characters, those are the pictures I can't get enough of. It use to be that you could just walk up and elbow your way to the character and snap a pic, now it's lines or special meals to meet and greet.

It was kind of funny, but not really surprising to me, that Joe prefered the characters with the big head. He would not interact with the ones who's faces were actually showing!

We met most of our characters at meals (Chef Mickey and Princess Storybook Breakfast), but as we walked to our first ride these fine ladies were out near the castle, and we only had to wait for 3 people in front of us. Emily was a bit nervous, and man were they in character, but still must have sensed her uneasiness and were as 'nice' as you would expect.

The next friend was Ariel. This was a nightmare for Ryan, but we waited the 45 minutes in the sweltering heat to have our own personal time in her grotto. She was very talkative. In the end it was worth it, since this was the only place we could meet her, and she is a favorite of Emily's.

These are from Chef Mickeys. That is definately the way to go to meet characters. They come to the table, you get plenty of pictures. My only regret is that I wish I had some other ones with Mickey not in a chef outfit.

As you can see here, Joe was fine with them being right at his level.

We did see a lot of Princess at the breakfast, but Mulan was my favorite, and Emily's too. She also took time to talk with Joe and bent down for a picture with him. The CM was the most personable and knowledgeable in my opinion as well. She talked about Mushu, and when Emily fell of the chair in excitement, she asked if she was practicing her 'warrior moves.'

It was so worth it to do the character meals, especially with the Disney Dining Plan. You avoid the lines! I do think I would do a few more character meets when we go back...you never know how long the kiddos will be into that....but if they are anything like their mother, they have a long time to enjoy it!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I love that you saw the step-sisters!

Quinn was literally crying yesterday morning because, "We didn't see Cinderella in Disney World." I knew we should have done a princess meal! I think he would have loved it. I wonder if when he's 6 or 7 he'd still like it?

I did love all the character meals - Tusker House at Animal Kingdom was fun, but we waited a long time! Did I tell you - Donald took Quinn's hand to "lead" the parade - I could only get a picture from behind but it is SO cute!

Cynthia said...

I can't even tell you how much Miss Peach would love this!!!