Monday, October 20, 2008

The Rides

Our first ride as a family at Disney World was the Haunted Mansion. After getting the boys hair cuts done we were sort of late getting on rides and everything had a long wait - except Haunted Mansion - we walked right on, right into the room where the lights go off and everyone screams, and right into our little "car". I loved it! I love that it was our first ride as a family and that we were able to squeeze into one car, with Liam on my lap. Quinn loved it and asked to ride it again every day of our trip. And Liam surprisingly didn't mind it that much - compared to other rides... Oh and Mike almost had a heart attack when something "jumped" up - seriously Mike jumped and Quinn laughed at him! We rode Haunted Mansion two more times on our trip - and always just walked right on!
Here's Quinn and I on the Magic Carpet Ride. The coolest thing was as we were walking off Aladdin and Jasmine were walking into the ride area! Jasmine made a big deal out of Quinn's hair and Aladdin said hello! How cool - BUT I didn't have a camera to grab a picture (plus they weren't really doing meet and greets - just going on the ride, I guess).

And well...here we are on the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Ride. Liam did not enjoy this ride AT ALL. Seriously.
Quinn enjoyed looking at all the stuff!
I told you Liam HATED this ride. This was right after the bouncing that happens with Tigger during the ride. He HATED it. (In case you can't tell).




Next - our favorite ride - Toy Story Mania!
We had to go straight to this new ride at Hollywood right when the park opened. We waited about 20 minutes. When we got off the wait was up to 70 minutes - and fastpasses were almost gone. Quinn loved it - Liam hated it. Bascially, it's like a moving arcade game - only in 4D. You spin around in the car, stop in front of big screens, pull and shoot rings or things at stuff, and get points! All while wearing 3D glasses - and - the part that Liam hated the most - anytime you shot something you'd feel air coming at you! Truly an awesome experience, unless, you know, you're one and just don't get it!


Now of course you're thinking, man, you guys really tortured Liam. No. That's not true. He did enjoy this ride...


Any ideas what it is? I'll give you a hint. Or, rather, I'll just tell you. "It's a small world..." I know it's cheezy, but I like this ride. It totally makes me think of Disney world, way more than Dumbo.

Here's a quick break down of the rides and how the boys reacted to them (oh - and our wait times, just for fun!)
Dumbo - we waited 10 minutes, Quinn thought it was ok, Liam didn't like it.
Peter Pan's Flight - we didn't wait at all, Quinn liked it, Liam HATED it, I thought it was pretty cool.
Winnie the Pooh - we didn't wait at all, do I need to talk about what the boys thought? I thought it was OK.
Snow White's Scary Adventure - We didn't wait. We didn't take Liam on it, Quinn loved it, I thought it was OK
Mickey's Philharmagic - not really a ride, a show, we didn't wait - Quinn loved it. I loved it! (We didn't take Liam)
Goofy's Barnstormer - 5 minutes, Quinn loved it, I thought it was too short, but probably perfect for a kid's first rollercoaster ride (Liam wasn't tall enough - nor would we have tried)
Big Thunder Mountain - We used fastpasses (Didn't wait), Quinn said, "It went down too fast!" I thought it was fun and was surprised Quinn wasn't screaming. It's a real rollercoaster! (Liam wasn't tall enough - nor would we have tried)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - Not quite as cool as Toy Story, but Quinn enjoyed shooting at things. Liam did a little better, because he was playing with the gun. =) Still - didn't like it much.
Triceratop Spin - Just like Dumbo. We didn't wait. Liam didn't mind it as much as Dumbo. Quinn thought it was ok.
Finding Nemo - We walked right on. Liam liked most of it (except this one part where it appears you're spinning, but you're not). Quinn loved it so much he asked to go on again - and a CM let us cut into line by the handicap entrance and we hopped right back on!
Journey Into Imagination - We walked right on. I enjoyed it more because Quinn was into it. Liam kept saying "bye bye" to Figment.

For the most part, the only ride Liam enjoyed was "it's a small world". Everything else he would very clearly say, "All done." and "bye bye". Or, you know, just cry.

And here's a list or rides I WISH we would have done:
Pirates of the Caribbean (too long of a wait)
Splash Mountain (wanted to do it, but didn't want to get wet)
Tower of Terror (Quinn said he wanted to do it at home, but when he saw it - NOPE.)
Dinosaur (same as Tower of Terror)
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Soarin' (We went to EPCOT late - fastpasses were gone and the wait was over an hour)

I suppose that's why I have to say, "next time we go!"

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm thinking our pre-trip to Great America helped Joe with the rides a little....since liam's reaction to the rides sounds a lot like joe's at Great America....
Joe like Pirates--a lot like Small World.
My 2 favorites, Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan, was always a fav as a kid. Not real exciting, but so cute and tells the story!

Christie said...

After hitting the It's a Small World ride when I was there, I wanted to jump off a cliff. I'm glad you liked it, though. It was that song. I couldn't get it out of my head. In fact, just thinking about it now... argh.